Chatter Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatter Box For Life

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  StatsStats  ChatChat  IRCIRC  

homework help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Star

homework help Empty
PostSubject: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:06 pm

=] I'm sure some of us get stuck on a homework problem and maybe its a good idea to put up what some problems we need help on and we can help eachother ^^. Not only is the internet for ones entertainment like games or for research but it can also be for helping others right?

P.S. I'm soo stuck on homework. Hope to hear from somebody. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Panic
Administrator
Administrator
Panic

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Panic

homework help Empty
PostSubject: ?   homework help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:27 am

What help would you like?

~Panic
Back to top Go down
https://chatterbox.darkbb.com
AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl

Character sheet

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:06 pm

I need help with math, history and physics.
Back to top Go down
soccer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-09

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm doing this part in algebra with simplifying square roots that totally confuses me Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.ksashops.org/
AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl

Character sheet

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

I can help out with that ^^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soccer

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Lets see, sample question would be.... like 2(square root symbol)7. That isn't square root of 14 is it?
Of like 1/2(square root symbol)3/4. totally clueless there.... Sad
Back to top Go down
AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl

Character sheet

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm

no thats actually radical 28 or in other words ( square root symbol) 28.
Because the number outside of the square root symbol is the one that is supposed to be squared. I'll show you an example.
when you square a number it means to multiply that number by itself.
so in this problem 2 times 2 =4 and then you multiply that answer by 7.
4 times 7 = 28.
Smile I Hope that helped. =]

the square root of 18 equals (square root symbol) 9 times 2 because 9 times two =18. And your obstacle is to look for numbers that have square roots in it, Luckily the square root of 9 is 3. ( 3 times 3 =9). so now you have as the answer, " 3 (square root symbol)2 because the number that is being squared goes on the outside. And you can also check your answer by multiplying, 3*3=9 then multiply that answer by 2 because thats the number you have inside the square root symbol. I hope that makes sense. An easy way to do this is first look at the factors of the number like for 18 there is 1 times 18 =18 , 2 times 9=18, 6times 3=18. But after you found the factors you want to use the one that has a perfect square such as the number 9. and any number outside of the square root symbol is always the number you square.
Back to top Go down
soccer

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:32 am

Yeah, simplification, we learned that. I'm pretty good with just finding the square roots of a number in the square root symbol, that only thing that confuses me is when it is like 1/2(square root symbol)3/4 or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

homework help Empty
PostSubject: Re: homework help   homework help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

homework help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chatter Box :: Forum Discussion :: Off-Topic (General)-
Jump to: